Atlassian announced a new experience at its Team ‘21 conference this week. is a development solution built on Jira to connect software development teams, tools, and technologies.
“We believe that every software team should choose the best tools and technology without sacrificing the ability to collaborate across the company. That’s why our approach is open and integrated so teams can use the tools of their choice, and integrated, so collaboration doesn’t come at the expense of velocity,” Suzie Prince, head of product, DevOps at Atlassian, wrote in a .
Open such as Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, GitHub, and GitLab.
“GitLab and Atlassian are both strongly committed to meeting the needs of our users. We’re proud of the work we’ve done together with GitLab and . Our joint customers gain the autonomy to remain in their chosen context and tool without sacrificing visibility or the ability to collaborate,” said Patrick Deuley, senior product manager at GitLab.
- Ability to code in Jira with integrated Git repositories
- Ability to deploy in Jira with support for Bitbucket Pipelines, GitLab, Jenkins, , CircleCI and JFrog
- The on-call schedule in Jira so the right person is notified when something breaks
- Pages in Jira to , runbooks, and post-incident reviews
- Automation in Jira to development tools and keep work in sync
- Deployment frequency trends to see how over
- Cycle time trends to provide better insights into bottlenecks and improve
Other Open .
The and a new effort to bring Jira to non-technical teams.
The Point A program includes Jira Work Management for tracking, coordinating, and managing work; Jira Product Discovery, a product management tool for . Jira Work Management also enables marketing, HR, finance, and design teams to with their technical counterparts.
“This is one of our biggest product announcements in the history of Atlassian. Point A is a game-changer for us. It means we can deliver world-class innovation at a fast pace with our customers on the cloud,” said Mike Cannon-Brookes, co-founder and co-CEO of Atlassian. “We are building products to empower the modern enterprise truly. Our expansion into means every team across an organization can now unlock the power of Jira.”