Have you just got yourself a shiny new iPad Pro and are looking for ways to ensure it remains the same a few years down the line by ? Well, in this article, we have listed twelve heavy-duty to ensure it remains protected from any harm.
Also, with the launch of M1-based models, Apple introduced changes to the dimensions of the 12.9-inch version, meaning you will need a new case. But the 11-inch will remain compatible with . Thus, before you make a purchase, check the cover you consider compatible — to help with this, you can also read our guide, which .
- Made with a firm polycarbonate plate and a shock-absorbing TPU casing, this option from Supcase is one worth checking out to keep your
- secure. It’s built-in
- raised edges and port covers will ensure your device remains protected from many external factors. Available for 11-inch
- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation).
Offers a Wide Built-in Stand
- Like the Unicorn Beetle Pro, the standard version features a firm but multi-layered polycarbonate plate and a shock-absorbing TPU casing. But this option is perfect for those who need their case to have a wide supporting stand and need open access to their ports. Available for 11-inch
- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generation).
Folio Style Protection with Multi-angle Stand
- MoKo’s Rugged Case is an accessory perfect for those who want to protect their device while still showing off some of its design. A window in the
- can show the color of your tablet or skin you may have applied. In terms of usability, it protects your iPad with its TPU frame and
allowing various viewing angles. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generation).
Air Cushions for Drop Protection
- Spigen Rugged Armor Pro is an option to consider if you would prefer to maintain your iPad Pro’s lightness (to an extent) while adding significant protection.
- to feature precise cutouts for any buttons, ports, and speakers; hence, rest assured it will not hamper your device’s usability. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation).
Spigen Protection with a Kickstand
- Spigen Tough Armor Pro shares many features with the previously listed Rugged Armor Pro. It has raised edges around the
- module to keep your device free from scratches when you put it down on any surface. Speaking of characters, it does away with a folio design to feature instead a kickstand that can help your tablet stand. Their propriety
- is safe from falls. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation).
Position in 10 Secure Angles
- The Zugu Case for
- features a magnetic stand that can clip into place to provide the desired angle for easy use. Its substantial frame will ensure your tablet remains safe from any damage if it ever falls, and the raised structure around the display and camera cutout help with this action. It features
- , Red, or Brown. Available for 11-inch
- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (5th generation only).
UAG’s Folio Style Rugged Option
- With a design that offers more protection than Spigen’s Rugged Armor Pro, the UAG Metropolis should be your pick if you need a sturdy case that features a Folio-like cover. It also features oversized buttons, which will ensure you
- your target. Apart from Black, it is available in two other colors, Red and Blue. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation).
Protective Addition for Smart Keyboard Folio
- The UAG Scout is a case that takes a very different approach than other options on this list by acting as an add-on for those who already own and use
- Keyboard Folio. This accessory goes on top of the keyboard attachment to provide protection which that accessory lacks. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generation).
- ProCase Rugged Case is an option if you have experience using Popsockets and like their concept.
, allowing you to use its stand and hand strap in portrait or landscape orientation. Although, we doubt how useful the kickstand would be in portrait mode due to its size. Nevertheless, its TPU frame will also ensure your
- it. Some reviews mentioned the case did not play well with third-party charging cables. Hence, we recommend using the one provided in the
- . Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generation).
- Otterbox is one of the most well-known
- manufacturers and their designs will bring a sense of security to your mind. The Defender Series is a tried and
- different layers to protect your tablet. First is a plastic bracket for your tablet, which fits into a TPU outer cover. On top of this goes a screen protector attachment. And lastly, there is a component that
- , and when taken off, it acts as a base to prop up your iPad. But keep in mind that this is not the case for you if you own an
- . Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation).
- The Poetic TurtleSkin Case is an option to pick if you’re looking for a well-built and straightforward case with neatly integrated features in its design. For example, the speaker channels in the
- , the submitted material in the case to form vents that promote heat escape, and a splashproof coating on the silicone used to make the case. Available for 11-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generation).
Features a Sliding Camera Cover
- This option from Nillkin is a case to choose if you want to add protection to your iPad and even its camera array. Apart from this, the case features other design elements that make the basis of a rugged case. It has a polycarbonate back and an all-around TPU cover to protect it from hard impacts. Available for 11-inch
- and 12.9-inch iPad Pro (4th and 5th generation).
Our Recommended Heavy-Duty Cases for iPad
If you’ve reached this part of the article, you’re probably in a pickle and cannot choose the proper case for your needs. Hence, here are some of our suggestions. First up are or ; either of these cases will protect your iPad Pro while letting you maintain the lightweight nature of your tablet — to a certain extent. If you need more heavy-duty protection, is their best offering. In our opinion, its wide kickstand will help minimize any chances of toppling, and the raised TPU edges will protect your screen and edges from damage. If you need a case with a folio cover that uses Apple’s magnetic wake/sleep feature, there’s no better option than